Are you looking to take your closet from drab to fab? Is your wardrobe needing an upgrade, but tackling an extensive remodeling project is daunting? It doesn’t have to be! Get inspired with these creative closet remodel ideas and watch as you transform any ordinary space into the luxurious sanctuary that you’ve always dreamed of.
Whether it’s wall-to-wall storage or sleek shelving, changing lighting, or adding organizational tools – there are plenty of simple yet effective solutions for reorganizing a clutter-filled closet. Take control and say goodbye to dressing room chaos; why not give one (or more!) of these great ideas a shot today?
Reach In Closet Remodel Ideas
Table of Contents
Closet organization is the key to maximizing your reach-in closet! A remodel should make your closet space functional and visually appealing. Consider adding built-in shelves, drawers, and even a few hanging rods to take advantage of every inch of space available.
Separating clothing by type or color can make your closet look neater and simplify selection. Another great idea is to add lighting to your closet, providing the perfect environment for getting dressed and finding exactly what you need. Whether you’re a fashion enthusiast or need extra space, these closet organization ideas will make your mornings a breeze!
Walk-In Closet Remodel Ideas
Imagine walking into your master bedroom and opening your closet to find a beautiful and organized space. A walk-in closet can do just that, providing you with a luxurious and functional area to store your clothes and accessories.
With endless possibilities for customization, you can have everything from built-in shelves and drawers to specialized storage for shoes and jewelry. Incorporate glamorous lighting fixtures and mirrors to enhance the feel of your space. You will feel like you have your very own boutique right inside your bedroom with a newly remodeled walk-in closet.
Wardrobe Closet Remodel Ideas
If you struggle to keep your wardrobe organized and clutter-free, it might be time for a wardrobe closet remodel. Pull-out drawers are among the most essential features to consider when planning your remodel. These drawers will help you keep all your clothing items, shoes, and accessories in one convenient location, making it easy to find everything you need.
You can even customize the size of the drawers to fit your specific needs and the space that you have available. With the proper collection of pull-out drawers, you can create a more functional and beautiful wardrobe.
Double Door Closet Remodel Ideas
If you’re looking for a way to refresh your bedroom, a double-door closet remodel is a great place to start. With sliding doors, you can streamline the look and feel of your space and customize your closet to suit your needs better.
There are endless ways to approach a closet remodel, from adding built-in storage to incorporating lighting for increased visibility. Whether you prefer a minimalist, modern aesthetic, or something more traditional, a closet remodel idea is perfect. So don’t hesitate to get creative and transform your closet into a space you love.
Closet Remodel Cost
Remodeling a closet may sound daunting, but the results can be life-changing. However, before you start dreaming of custom shelving and luxurious lighting, it’s essential to consider the cost.
Depending on the extent of the remodel, the cost can range anywhere from a few hundred dollars to thousands. But don’t let the price tag deter you—investing in your closet can increase the functionality and value of your home. With the help of a professional, you can create a closet space that fits your needs and adds a touch of luxury to your home.
Closet Remodel Kits
If you’re tired of your messy and disorganized closet, then it’s time to consider a closet renovation. But where do you even begin? Well, closet remodel kits are a great place to start! These kits come in various sizes and styles to fit your needs and budget. Plus, they provide all the necessary materials to give your closet a fresh and updated look.
Don’t let a cluttered closet stress you out any longer – invest in a closet remodel kit and transform your space.
Kids’ Closet Remodel Ideas
As your children grow older, their clothing needs begin to change. Keeping their closets organized to suit their evolving wardrobe can take time and effort. You can use several brilliant ideas to remodel your kids’ closets. A great way to utilize space is to add shelving and hangers at your child’s height, making it easy for them to reach and put away their clothes.
You can also label drawers and baskets to help keep things tidy. Another aesthetic option is to paint the inside of the closet a fun color or wallpaper the walls to give it a pop of personality. These closet remodel ideas add practicality to your child’s daily routine and provide a fun and playful touch to their room.
How to Remodel Closet
Having enough space in your closet is a must to keep your clothes organized and easy to access. Whether you have a walk-in or reach-in closet, plenty of options exist to make the most of your space and create a functional and stylish storage area. If you’re looking to remodel your closet, there are a few things you can do to maximize its space.
Start by decluttering and getting rid of items you no longer need. Then, consider adding shelving and drawers to make use of vertical space. Another great way to create more room is using space-saving hangers and organizers.
Closet Renovations Ideas
A closet can be more than just a place to store your clothes. With some creativity and renovations, your closet can become a functional and stylish space in your home. There are many possibilities for closet renovations, from installing custom shelving and drawers to adding a statement light fixture or even a pop of color with a new paint job.
Consider incorporating built-in seating or a mirror to make getting ready in the morning a breeze. No matter your style or budget, there are endless ways to transform your closet into a space you’ll love.
Remodeling Walk-In Closets
If one space in your home could benefit from a remodel, it’s likely your walk-in closet. And why not? Your closet could be more precise, organized, and relaxed if you’re anything like most people. But with a remodeled walk-in closet, you can transform this space into a beautiful, functional, and stress-free zone. Imagine opening your closet doors to shelves and drawers and neatly organizing your clothing, shoes, and accessories.
You can add a seating area, a full-length mirror, and some stylish lighting to create a space that feels just as luxurious as a high-end boutique. With some creativity, a walk-in closet could be the change your home needs.
What Is The Average Cost To Redo Your Closet?
The average cost to redo a closet can vary depending on the closet size, the materials used, and the level of customization desired. However, a rough estimate would be between $500 and $3,000.
Can I Remodel My Closet?
Yes, you can remodel your closet. However, it is essential to consider your skill level, available tools, and the complexity of the remodeling project before undertaking it. Assess whether you have the necessary knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, or painting that may be required for the remodel.
If you feel confident and comfortable with the task, you can research and plan the project, gather the required materials and tools, and follow step-by-step instructions or consult guides or tutorials to help you along the way. Remember to prioritize safety and take necessary precautions when working with tools or electrical components.
If the project seems too challenging or involves complex structural changes, consult a professional to ensure the best results.
How Do You Modernize A Closet?
To modernize a closet, you can consider the following steps:
- Declutter: Start by removing all items from the closet and sorting them into categories like keep, donate, or discard. This step will help you create space and eliminate unnecessary clutter.
- Optimize storage: Install adjustable shelves, drawers, or hanging rods to maximize the storage potential of your closet. Consider using modular storage systems or closet organizers that allow customizable arrangements to fit your needs.
- Lighting: Upgrade the lighting in your closet to make it brighter and more functional. Install LED strip lights or recessed lighting fixtures to ensure proper visibility and make it easier to find items.
- Color and paint: Choose a fresh and modern color scheme for your closet’s interior. Light or neutral tones make the space feel more open and bright. Consider using a contrasting color for the back wall or a focal point to add visual interest.
- Door and hardware: Replace outdated closet doors with modern sliding or sleek bi-fold doors. Upgrade the hardware, such as handles and knobs, to contemporary designs that complement the overall style of your closet.
- Mirrors: Incorporate mirrors into your closet design to add functionality and create a sense of space. You can install a full-length mirror on the door or have a mirrored panel within the closet to make getting dressed more convenient.
- Accessories and organization: Invest in stylish storage bins, baskets, or boxes to keep smaller items organized and visually appealing. Utilize dividers, hooks, and shoe racks to optimize the storage of accessories and shoes.
- Personalize: Add personal touches to make your closet feel like a reflection of your style. Hang artwork, inspirational quotes, or fashion mood boards to make the space unique and inspiring.
Remember, modernizing a closet is about maximizing storage, improving functionality, and creating a visually appealing space that reflects your taste and style.
Are Closet Remodels Worth It?
Yes, a closet can be worth it. A well-designed and organized closet can significantly improve your daily life and bring several benefits. It can maximize storage space, making finding and accessing your belongings more accessible.
A remodel can also enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home and increase its overall value. Additionally, an organized closet can save you time and reduce stress by streamlining your morning routine and making it simpler to locate items.
Ultimately, the value of a closet remodel depends on your specific needs and budget, but for many people, the benefits make it a worthwhile investment.
How Do You Update An Old Closet?
To update an old closet, follow these steps:
- Clear out the closet: Remove all items from the closet and sort through them. Donate or discard items that you no longer need or use.
- Clean and repair: Give the closet a thorough cleaning, including wiping down shelves, vacuuming or mopping the floor, and dusting off any surfaces. Repair any damages, such as loose hinges, broken knobs, or sagging shelves.
- Paint or wallpaper: Consider giving the closet a fresh look by painting the interior walls or applying wallpaper. Choose a color or pattern that complements the overall style of your room.
- Upgrade the lighting: Improve the functionality and ambiance of the closet by adding better lighting. Install a brighter overhead light or add task lighting, such as LED strip lights, to enhance visibility.
- Maximize storage space: Evaluate your storage needs and invest in organizational tools such as bins, baskets, or drawer dividers. Install additional shelves, rods, or hooks to use the available space better.
- Add a mirror or decorative elements: Install a full-length mirror on the closet door or incorporate decorative elements such as artwork, decals, or hooks with unique designs to personalize the space.
- Consider door options: If your closet has outdated or worn-out doors, consider replacing them with more modern options. Sliding doors or frosted glass doors can give the closet a contemporary look.
- Reintroduce items: After completing the updates, carefully organize and reintroduce your belongings into the closet. Keep things tidy and maintain a system to ensure long-lasting organization.
By following these steps, you can transform an old closet into a functional and aesthetically pleasing storage space that complements the overall style of your room.
How Much Does It Cost To Remake A Closet?
The cost of remaking a closet can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the closet, the materials used, and the extent of the renovation. The average cost can range from $500 to $5,000 or more. Basic closet remodeling, including painting, organizing systems, and minor repairs, tends to be on the lower end of the scale.
However, the cost will be higher if you want a complete overhaul with custom shelving, lighting, and high-end finishes. It’s best to consult with contractors or professionals for accurate cost estimates based on your specific requirements.
How Can I Improve My Closet Design?
To improve your closet design, consider the following tips:
- Assess your needs: Start by evaluating your storage requirements. Take stock of your clothing, shoes, and accessories to determine the space needed for each category.
- Optimize space: Make the most available space using different storage solutions. Install adjustable shelves, hanging rods, and drawers to accommodate various items and maximize vertical storage.
- Use innovative organization systems: Invest in closet organizers such as bins, dividers, and storage boxes to keep smaller items organized and easily accessible. Use hooks or racks on the doors or walls for additional storage options.
- Proper lighting: Ensure your closet is well-lit to locate items and enhance visibility easily. Consider installing LED lights or motion sensor lighting to improve functionality and aesthetics.
- Incorporate mirrors: Mirrors can visually expand the space and allow you to see your outfit choices. Consider adding a full-length mirror or mirrored doors to create a sense of openness and provide functionality.
- Consider aesthetics: Choose a closet design that aligns with your style and complements the overall aesthetic of your home. Use color schemes, materials, and finishes that enhance the visual appeal of your closet.
- Maintain organization: Regularly declutter and organize your closet to keep it functional and visually appealing. Consider donating or discarding items you no longer use to free up space and maintain an organized system.
How To Remodel Small Bedroom Closet?
To remodel a small bedroom closet, follow these steps:
- Clear out the closet: Remove all items and assess what you want to keep, donate, or discard.
- Measure and plan: Take accurate measurements of the closet space and consider how you want to utilize it. Determine whether you need more hanging space, shelves, or drawers.
- Choose storage solutions: Select storage solutions that maximize the available space. Opt for slim hangers, hanging organizers, and stackable storage bins to maximize vertical space.
- Install additional shelves or drawers: Consider adding additional ones if the closet layout doesn’t meet your needs. Utilize the height of the closet by installing adjustable shelving or using hanging organizers with multiple compartments.
- Optimize the door: If space allows, consider replacing a traditional swinging door with sliding or bi-fold doors to save space. Alternatively, remove the door entirely and replace it with a curtain or decorative screen.
- Enhance lighting: Improve the visibility inside the closet by adding adequate lighting. Install LED strip lights or battery-operated puck lights to brighten up the space.
- Paint or decorate: Give your closet a fresh look by applying a new coat of paint or adding decorative elements like wallpaper or decals. Choose light colors to create a sense of openness and brightness.
- Organize and declutter: Once the remodel is complete, organize your belongings to maximize space and make items easily accessible. Use dividers and storage bins to keep smaller items tidy and separate.
How Can I Improve My Basic Closet?
To improve your essential closet, here are a few steps you can take:
- Declutter: Review your current wardrobe and remove items you no longer wear or are worn out. This will create space and make it easier to organize your closet.
- Organize: Invest in storage solutions like shelves, bins, or hanging organizers to maximize the space in your closet. Categorize your clothing items (e.g., shirts, pants, dresses) and arrange them logically. This will make finding what you need easier and keep things neat.
- Build a capsule wardrobe: Consider creating a capsule wardrobe consisting of a few essential, versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched to create various outfits. This approach can help you simplify your closet and make getting dressed easier.
- Invest in quality basics: Build a foundation of high-quality essential pieces that can be styled differently. Look for timeless items like a well-fitted pair of jeans, a classic white shirt, or a little black dress. These staples will form the basis of your wardrobe and can be complemented with trendier pieces.
- Add statement pieces and accessories: Spice up your essential closet by incorporating a few statement pieces and accessories. These can be colorful scarves, bold jewelry, or trendy shoes. They will add personality and style to your outfits without needing an extensive wardrobe.
- Maintain and update: Regularly evaluate your wardrobe to remove items that no longer fit or are in style. Stay updated with fashion trends to ensure your closet remains fresh and relevant.
How Can I Make My Closet Look More Expensive?
To make your closet look more expensive, consider the following tips:
- Declutter and organize: Remove unnecessary items and keep only what you truly need and love. Use matching hangers and storage solutions to create a clean and cohesive look.
- Invest in quality hangers: Replace plastic or wire hangers with wooden or velvet ones. They not only protect your clothing but also give a luxurious feel to your closet.
- Display items strategically: Showcase your favorite accessories or designer pieces by arranging them aesthetically pleasingly. Use decorative trays or stands to elevate the look.
- Use stylish storage solutions: Invest in attractive bins, baskets, and boxes to store smaller items like belts, scarves, and socks. Opt for materials like leather or fabric to add a touch of elegance.
- Add proper lighting: Install good lighting fixtures in your closet to ensure your clothes are well-lit. Adequate lighting not only enhances the visibility but also adds a high-end feel.
- Incorporate a mirror: Place a full-length or stylish vanity mirror in your closet. Mirrors serve a practical purpose and create an illusion of more space and sophistication.
- Consider a statement piece: If space allows, include a standout element like a luxurious armchair, a plush rug, or an ornate chandelier. This focal point can instantly elevate the overall ambiance.
- Maintain cleanliness and order: Regularly clean and dust your closet to keep it looking fresh and luxurious. A well-maintained and organized space always exudes a more expensive vibe.
Remember, it’s not always about the cost of individual items but how you curate and present them. With attention to detail and thoughtful organization, you can create a more expensive-looking closet without breaking the bank.
How Much Does It Cost To Upgrade A Walk-In Closet?
The cost of upgrading a walk-in closet can vary widely depending on factors such as the size of the closet, desired upgrades, materials used, and labor costs in your area. On average, an essential upgrade with new shelving, rods, and lighting can range from $500 to $2,500.
However, if you’re looking for more extensive renovations like custom cabinetry, built-in storage, or high-end finishes, the cost can go up significantly, ranging from $3,000 to $10,000 or more. Multiple professional quotes are recommended for a more accurate estimate based on your specific requirements.
How Do I Upgrade My Walk-In Closet?
To upgrade your walk-in closet, consider the following steps:
- Optimize storage: Assess your storage needs and invest in innovative storage solutions. Consider adjustable shelving or modular storage units for flexibility. Add shelves, drawers, hanging rods, and hooks to maximize the use of available space.
- Lighting: Enhance the ambiance and functionality of your walk-in closet with proper lighting. Install bright, energy-efficient LED lights or add a chandelier or stylish pendant for a touch of elegance.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall: Incorporate a full-length mirror or multiple mirrors to create the illusion of a larger space. Mirrors serve a practical purpose and add depth and visual appeal to your closet.
- Display and organization: Showcase your favorite items and accessories by incorporating display areas like open shelving or glass-front cabinets. Use storage containers, dividers, and organizers to keep everything neatly arranged and easily accessible.
- Personalize with decor: Add your personal touch to the walk-in closet by incorporating decorative elements such as artwork, plants, or a cozy seating area. Choose a color scheme or theme that resonates with your style and complements the overall aesthetic.
How Can I Make My Walk-In Closet Look Expensive?
To make your walk-in closet look expensive, focus on the following key elements:
- Lighting: Install elegant and well-placed lighting fixtures to create a bright and inviting atmosphere. Consider using LED lights or chandeliers to add a touch of luxury.
- Organization: Invest in high-quality closet organizers and storage solutions. Use matching hangers, bins, and shelves to keep everything tidy and visually appealing.
- Color scheme: Choose a sophisticated color palette for your closet. Neutral tones like white, cream, or gray are timeless and create a high-end feel. Consider adding pops of color with accessories or artwork.
- Mirrors: Incorporate mirrors into your closet design to give the illusion of a larger space. Full-length mirrors or mirrored closet doors can add a glamorous touch.
- Display items: Showcase your favorite accessories or designer items as decorative elements. Use elegant jewelry stands, glass display cases, or open shelving to highlight your collection.
- Upholstery and seating: Add a plush bench, ottoman, or seating area to create a luxurious vibe. Choose wealthy fabrics like velvet or leather for an upscale look.
- Flooring: Upgrade your flooring to a high-quality material such as hardwood, marble, or patterned tiles. This can instantly elevate the overall aesthetic of the space.
- Art and decor: Hang artwork or decorative wall panels to add visual interest. Select pieces that reflect your style and add a touch of sophistication.
How Do You Make A Walk-In Closet Look Good?
- Organize and declutter: Remove any unnecessary items and arrange your belongings neatly. Storage solutions like shelves, baskets, and hangers keep everything in order. To make a walk-in closet look good, consider the following tips:
- Proper lighting: Ensure the closet has adequate lighting to make it functional and visually appealing. Install overhead lights or add LED strips to illuminate the space.
- Color coordination: Choose a cohesive color scheme for your closet. Consider using a neutral palette or selecting colors that complement your clothing and accessories.
- Display your favorites: Showcase your favorite clothing items, shoes, or accessories as focal points. Use open shelves or specialized displays to highlight these pieces.
- Utilize mirrors: Incorporate mirrors in your closet to create an illusion of more space and to assist with outfit selection. Full-length mirrors or mirrored closet doors work well for this purpose.
- Add seating: If space permits, include a bench, ottoman, or chair in your walk-in closet. It provides a practical and stylish element, allowing you to sit and try on shoes or assemble outfits.
- Decorative touches: Enhance the aesthetics with decorative elements such as artwork, plants, or rugs. Choose items that reflect your style and add character to the space.
Experienced Executive Assistant with a demonstrated history of working within the furniture industry. Skilled in furniture styling, visual communication, project management, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Strong arts and design professional with a (BA) Creative Direction for furniture design focused on Industrial Design from School of the Art Institute of Chicago.